Okay, Heather. So now I feel like being a copycat, too. So here goes my list of things that make me happy!
1. Books. Duh. Especially ones about the Second Coming. Or Ireland. Or fairy tales. Or mysteries. And I love, Love, LOVE discovering a fabulous new author when I am not expecting much. And Shannon Hale's writing is pretty inspiring.
2. My family--goes without saying.
3. To have someone playing with my hair. I shall never tire of it.
4. The way my kitty, Pooky, jumps on my lap to cuddle with me when I sit down on the toilet. (She is my potty pal!) And she purrs like crazy. It's sweet. Her new thing is to jump from my lap into the sink, where she tries to chew on my and Jeff's toothbrushes. Probably because, if I have just brushed my teeth before going to the potty, she gives me oodles of kisses (she even tries to slip me some kitty tongue by licking my teeth). I guess she loves that minty fresh smell and taste. She also likes to jump on my back (holding on, of course, by sticking her claws into my flesh!) when I bend over to wash my hands and get a drink.
5. Singing Journey's Lovin', Touchin', Squeezin' while driving with my girls. And the way Tierney's little nostrils flare when she is really getting into it. By the way, did you know there are 154 "na"s at the end of that song? Emily told us that. So we all counted. She is correct.
6. Fleece blankets!! Especially being wrapped up in a fleece blankie in my bed, with the window above my head open and a nice, chilly breeze blowing through. Which brings me to...
7. Autumn!!!!!! I would have said "Fall", but a certain Scottish lad told me that is incorrect. So, in deference to him: Autumn.
8. Writing. Actually doing it makes me feel soooooo good. And then, when I leave it alone for a while and go back later and re-read it, I love to think to myself, "Dang! This chick is goooood." And it is quite odd, because I can't really remember coming up with those words. Sometimes I don't even recall the idea that started it all. I try to tell people that I don't make stuff up, I open myself up to a character and then let them tell me their story. It sounds strange, but 'tis truth, I vow!
Part two another day!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment