Wednesday, July 30, 2008
Loss
Well, it's been a rough few days. We lost my newphew, Lucas, who was pure sunshine and laughter. With a little mischieviousness thrown in, of course. What fun he was. Someday, though. Thank heavens for the gospel and the knowledge and comfort it gives us. What do people do when they don't have the gospel or a loving family who is a huge support system? I feel for them and I give thanks every day for my unending blessings. I told Emily this morning that Heavenly Father must really love me to have sent me such incredible children! Summers are always difficult for me; the change in routine (resulting in a lack of routine!) is difficult. It's hard not going to work and feeling useful and good at something. My own problem, I know. But this summer has been difficult for all of us, not just me. There have been changes made, changes looming, trials of faith and patience, worrying and wondering, but through it all, our family has remained strong and totally in love with each other. My daughters would rather hang out with their parents and siblings than friends; I decided it's because we have way too much fun together and we are ruined for anyone else! How many parents can say that? We are so blessed.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment